The Japanese marry great design and functionality with cast iron to create truly unique pieces. There is nothing like it coming out of America, at least not yet. These moderately sized pans (7½ inches and 10 inches) are surprisingly thin and beautifully proportioned. The effective flat handles are easy to hold while cooking or transporting to the table. We use the larger one for everything from browning grilled cheese and searing steaks to roasting vegetables or baking pasta. We also use it to braise chicken parts or for a simple fricassee. The smaller pan is just right for toasting nuts, for cooking for two, or for gratins and small casseroles. We also love these pans because they can be used for serving at the table.
- Large Pan: 10” W x 13” L x 2” H - 6.3 lbs
- Medium Pan: 7.5” W x 9.5” L x 1.87” H - 3.3 lbs
- Hand washing is recommended
- Recommended to wash pan in hot water after each use and dry the pan completely
- Wooden cooking utensils are recommended to prevent scratching
- Nambu Tekki Cast iron
- Made in Japan