I found this small cast iron spice mill on a German website a couple of years ago and find that it is perfect for small grinding jobs – spices, not garlic or herbs. You can store spices such as peppercorns in the top of this gizmo, but I leave mine in their jars and grind them as needed. You will get a slightly coarser grind than with an electric mill but I prefer coarser to finer in my cooking. Weighing just over 2 pounds, it feels great, looks great and is a pleasure to use.
- Standard - 3" diameter x 3.2" high
- Mini - 2.3" diameter x 2.25" high
- Made by hand in Sweden with 25 years cast iron guarantee
- Pyramid shaped grinding surfaces in seasoned cast iron
- Top part with a compartment for spices
- Lid in walnut with silicone seal - Round bottom
- Inside is seasoned with natural Swedish organic canola oil
- Outside is treated with a black lacquer surface to avoid staining
Please note that dry spices only should be used. Moist spices and salt can potentially cause corrosion on grinding surfaces. Clean with brush and keep grinder dry at all times.